Friday, July 18, 2008

Day 5 -- Blood Test Results

I received back the results from my blood tests. My cholesterol levels are horrible. My LDH is 294 (too high!) and my HDL is 33 (too low!), which of course puts my total (272) and ratio (8.2) way off the charts. Just based on that, without my pre-hypertension blood pressure, I am 160% more likely than average to have Chronic Heart Disease. I hope Eating-for-Life can help me bring down my LDH and Training-for-Life can help me bring up my HDL, otherwise I think I will have to go on medication soon to get some help. Blood glucose (i.e., sugar) was at 92, which is normal but a little high for me. Hopefully it will go down. Otherwise, the results were all pretty good and normal. On a more positive note, I LOVE upper body work outs. I always fees strong and health when I am done. Muy macho!

No comments: