Saturday, August 23, 2008

Whole Grain Pasta

I always thought that whole wheat pasta was a food for health food fanatics. I mean what is the point, right? Well, since BFL requires me to have whole grain carbohydrates, I decided to give whole grain pasta a try and it was surprisingly good. I tried a couple different brands and thought they were delicious. I do not see the point in actually going back to processed flour pasta since the whole grain is so much better for me. I made angel hair pasta with a sauce of Roma tomatoes and fresh basil that I ate with a chicken breast.
Tomorrow I am going to have a frittata for breakfast to use up the rest of the pasta. Get this, two ounces of the Barilla multi-grain pasta has seventeen grams of protein. Amazing! Give it a try and you will love it.

No comments: