Monday, July 28, 2008

Day 15 -- BFL -- Blood Pressure Dropping?

Before discussing my boring blood pressure, I just want to brag that I preacher curled 35 lb dumbells today. I only did three curls, but that means next work out I will probably be able to complete all six. I am so excited. I cannot wait until I can curl the 50 pounders again, and then who knows, up, up, up, to some new personal best curling records. (Without injury, of course.) Now, I have been tracking my blood pressure everyday. When I started the challenge, my systoloic blood pressure was generally in the 130 range. The first week and into the second week it did not seem to change very much, but over the last three days my systolic blood pressure has not exceeded 130 and has generally stayed in the 120 range and even dipped into the high teens. I know a lot of factors can affect blood pressure levels including my level of stress, but I have not had more stress than my usual "oh my gosh where am I going to go with my life and when will I find a new job!" stress of a partially employed father of four. On day 28 I am going to the doctor to have my cholesterol rechecked. With how well everything else seems to be going, I am starting to hope that my cholesterol will have improved. I have genetically low HDL, but exercise is suppose to increase it. Right? And I have been exercising my but off. In fact, I need to buy more weight soon. I seem to be lifting more faster on this challenge. I completed the first challenge with the weights that I currently own, but I can see that I am going to need more weight real soon. Wahoo!!! I better go drink another myoplex!!

No comments: